Our practice is a part of Cone Health. To search and apply for an available job opportunity in our office please visit www.conehealth.com.
Job opportunities currently available in our office:
PATIENT COMMUNICATIONS NURSE: (Requisition # 13577)
Reporting to the Clinical Staff Manager but under the direction of the Providers, coordinates and provides supportive patient care services. Follow medical protocols established by the providers to resolve prescription refill requests, laboratory result questions, or general questions from patients that would not require the direct medical opinion of a provider.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Return complex phone calls to patients at the direction of the provider.
2. Provide detailed patient education to patients at the direction of the provider.
3. Check the Triage Nurse Mailbox and follow up as directed by established protocols.
-assess urgency of patient need
-identify and appropriately route charts that require provider review/intervention
-resolve patient concerns that do not require provider review/intervention
-contact patients for additional information as needed
-secure outside data/documentation as needed
-facilitate timely refills and accurate documentation of controlled substances.
4. Check the Pharmacy Mailbox
-follow protocols to facilitate timely prescription refills by phone, fax and electronic means
-reconcile and print electronic refill requests
-discuss controlled substance refill requests with provider and/or patient
-collect additional information regarding refill requests to clarify needs
-identify patients in need of follow-up, advise them of such need and arrange for follow-up
5. Review labs per procedure to identify urgent concerns.
-address urgent/critical labs with ordering provider
-arrange for add-on labs/additional testing as needed
6. Review radiology over reads
-identify urgent concerns and follow procedure to address these concerns.
7. Serve as first point of contact for the clerical and clinical staff to resolve questions regarding urgent patient needs and other medically related questions.
8. Assist Clinical Shift Supervisor as needed, including facilitation of urgent referrals and prior authorization.
9. Serve as back up to Clinical Shift Supervisor based on staffing, patient volume and patient acuity.
10. Communicate and work closely with providers to problem solve and enhance patient care.
11. Communicate with Clinical Staff Manager regarding patient care, staff cooperation, staff training needs and/or other situations.
12. Advocate for patients to providers, insurance companies, specialists, etc.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by providers.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Clinical Staff Manager such as patient triage, assisting the providers, or staff education programs.
- Valid North Carolina RN or LPN license
- Current CPR certification.
- Must successfully complete training/orientation requirements for position.
Preferred: Experience in a Family Practice setting.